Σάββατο 28 Μαΐου 2011

~ * Antarctica Photos * ~





Photo: An iceberg at Pleneau Bay in Antarctica





Pleneau Bay

Photograph by Sander Klaassen, My Shot
This amazing iceberg was shot in Pleneau Bay, Antarctica


Photo: A view of an iceberg above and below water in Antarctica


Pleneau Bay

Photograph by Jonathan Green, My Shot
Even with my dry suit, this split shot took so much time that I was frozen. Using a housing on my Nikon D200 with 12mm lens and fish-eye port, I was able to capture the mass of ice that represents the greater part of an iceberg under the water. The conditions off Pleneau Island, close to the Antarctic Circle on the peninsula, were near perfect with a clear blue day, bright sunshine, and crystal clear water. A day to remember and a moment never to be forgotten


Photo: A uniquely shaped iceberg in Antarctica


Icebergs

Photograph by Susan Lorentz, My Shot
Photographed in Antarctica, January 2009


Photo: A rounded iceberg formation in Neko Bay in Antarctica


Rounded Icebergs

Photograph by Donna Foulger, My Shot
A sculpted iceberg formation sits among bergs in Neko Bay, Antarctica.


Photo: Three cormorants fly just above the water near icebergs in Antarctica


Cormorants

Photograph by Kate Fife, My Shot
During a Zodiac ride on a family trip to Antarctica, three blue-eyed cormorants came flying next to the boat and gracefully glided past. The textured iceberg in the background seemed like a great backdrop.


Photo: The sun sets on the Lemaire Channel in Antarctica


Lemaire Channel

Photograph by Dorte Hansen, My Shot
I enjoyed this amazing and breathtaking sunset in the Lemaire Channel onboard the M.V. Fram, cruising Antarctica.


Photo: A group of explorers hikes on the Riiser Larsen Iceshelf in Antarctica


Ice Hikers

Photograph by Anna Possberg Anneliese, My Shot
Riiser-Larsen Ice Shelf, Weddell Sea, Antarctica


Photo: A large iceberg arch in Antarctica


Iceberg Arch

Photograph by Kevin Knutson, My Shot
Near Cuverville Island, Antarctica. A large iceberg is pierced with an arch worthy of a cathedral.


Photo: Photo: A man kicks the snow while walking at sunset in Antarctica


Ice Runway

Photograph by Martyn Allen, My Shot
Kicking snow on the seventh continent. Barren but still beautiful. Taken close to midnight at Wilkins Runway, Antarctica, on December 21, the summer solstice.


nationalgeographic.com










Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου